“With this project it was necessary to design the oven rated for Class A use because of the flammable volatiles produced while processing each batch.”
EAST TROY, Wisc. (PRWEB)
November 29, 2017
Wisconsin Oven Corporation shipped a natural gas direct fired batch oven with a separate cooling chamber to a manufacturer of automotive parts. The industrial oven will be used to cure rubber automotive hoses.
The work chamber of the oven is 5’0 W x 10’0” L x 7’0” H and has a maximum temperature rating of 500°F. This curing oven has sufficient capacity to heat 300 pounds of steel and 300 pounds of rubber from 70° to 350° F within 45 minutes when loaded into an ambient oven. Guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±10° F at 350°F was proven by a nine (9) point profile test.
The oven is constructed with tongue and groove panel assemblies featuring Wisconsin Oven’s patented high efficiency panel seams (provides 25% better insulating efficiency). There is a vertical lift door between the oven and cooling chamber and interior lights in both the oven and cooling chamber. The curing oven is rated for Class A use with the capacity to dilute the products of combustion produced during the process and render them nonflammable.
“With this project it was necessary to design the oven rated for Class A use because of the flammable volatiles produced while processing each batch. The process of diluting the products of combustion is able to be done at the normal operating temperature without an additional step in the production process.” -
Nick Toci, Sales Engineer.
Unique features of this Class A oven include:
- Maximum temperature 500°F, normal temperature 350°F
- Nine (9) point temperature uniformity profile at ±10°F at 350°F
- Interior light in each chamber (total of 2) that activate when doors open
- Split vertical lift, electrically operated door between oven and cooling chamber
- 6,000 CFM @ 7½ HP recirculation
- 3,400 CFM @ 3 HP direct drive blower
- 400,000 BTUH burner
- Eurotherm Nanodac digital controller/video recorder
- Digital programmable temperature control
This curing oven was fully factory tested and adjusted prior to shipment from our facility. All safety interlocks…