Quantity surveying is all about cost management of construction. Quantity Surveyor (QS) primarily assesses the capital expenditure of a building or a facility after evaluating the feasibility, design and construction costs.
The scope of work of a quantity surveyor in Sydney is vast for the construction industry is global in nature.
• If you talk about real estate, quantity surveying involves residential, commercial, industrial and retail facilities.
• If you take infrastructure into consideration then quantity surveyor in Sydney covers airports, waterways, roads, seaports, power generation and utilities.
A quantity surveyor is a consultant they do his/her job for a firm or an industry in multiple areas engaged in retail, manufacture or an infrastructure project such as an airport or a power utility. There are so many major international and national contractors also hire these quantity surveyor for proper and quality results. Here are some works that usually performed by a quantity surveyor in Sydney. The work includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Prepares of feasibility reports during the conception stage. A QS provides independent, accurate and reliable initial investment costs and running expenditure to enable the client to fund a project.
• Calculation of capital and revenue expenditure of the project during its entire life period.
• Give proper and accurate advice to the clients on major items after bill of quantity preparation.
• Dealing and negotiations with interested and high standard parties.
• Finalizing the tendering process.
• Managing the important and contractual documents with the supplier of multiple items.
• Managing the cost during the construction.
• Providing site support in matters like billing schedule, interim payments, and reconciling final accounts as well as settling construction claims.
Today, there are thousands of quantity surveyors are working all around the Sydney. Good QS must have…