Hours after former Fox News host Eric Bolling was fired from the network Friday, his son, Eric Chase Bolling Jr., was found dead in Colorado. He was 19 years old. It’s currently unclear how he died.
HuffPost reporter Yashar Ali was the first to break the news, taking to Twitter Saturday. “Very sad news, Eric Bolling’s son, who was only 19, died last night. By all accounts, Eric was incredibly devoted to his son. Heartbreaking,” he tweeted.
Bolling confirmed the news in a Twitter post the following day. “Adrienne and I are devastated by the loss of our beloved son Eric Chase last night. Details still unclear. Thoughts, prayers appreciated,” he wrote. “Authorities have informed us there is no sign of self harm at this point. Autopsy will be next week. Please respect our grieving period.”
Contrary to what Bolling wrote, initial reports claimed Eric Jr. committed suicide. He was a freshman at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
Eric Jr. was the only child the former Fox News host had with his wife, Adrienne.
While Boulder police confirmed to the Chicago Tribune they were investigating a death at the University of Colorado, they wouldn’t reveal the student’s identity.
Fox News Channel issued a statement on Eric Jr.’s untimely death. “We are very saddened to hear of the passing of Eric Bolling’s son,” the network said Saturday. “Eric Chase was a wonderful young man and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Bolling family.”
Bolling was suspended from the network last month following allegations he sent pictures of his genitals to photos to three female co-workers. Fox News officially fired the former host Friday. The show Bolling hosted, “The Specialists,” was canceled.
Bolling worked for the network for a decade. He was a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump.
Ali, the reporter who broke the news, said he was informed of the teenagers death from one of his 14 sources that accused Bolling of the sexting allegations last month.
Bolling, for his part, denied the accusations through his lawyer, His lawyer, Michael J. Bowe, the New York Daily News wrote. The former Fox News host filed a $50 million lawsuit against Ali, threatening to seek “legal remedies” for apparent “defamatory accusations.”
“Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you. I look forward to clearing my…