SAN FRANCISCO AND TEL AVIV (PRWEB)
June 28, 2017
Vayyar Imaging (http://vayyar.com), the 3D-imaging sensor company whose technology makes it possible to see through objects, has announced the winners of its “Power to the Makers” contest, a worldwide competition challenging makers to create consumer apps with its fully programmable, Raspberry Pi-enabled 3D sensor, Walabot. Creators cast submissions on Hackster, with the applications falling into the Smart Home, healthcare and IoT categories. The list of winners and noteworthy applications can be found below. A video of the winning applications is here.
● [WINNER! BEST OF UNITED STATES] Tracking TV Stand: uses a Walabot to angle a monitor at the optimal angle for viewing depending on the audience in the field of view.
● [WINNER! BEST OF EUROPE] WalabotFX, Guitar Control: explores what it would be like to control musical expression using nothing but the position of your guitar in 3D space
● [WINNER! BEST OF CHINA] Vehicle Rear Vision: aims to reduce the number of backup collision fatalities by providing older cars with rear vision cameras.
● WalaBreath: a completely wireless assistive device for people with paraplegia that converts their breath into audible speech built on Python.
● Walabot Wheelchair: An early alert system for wheelchair users to avoid collisions.
● Wireless Gas Sensing: A compact wireless gas sensing system for real-time ammonia. detection Train Me: Shape your dance moves and turn yourself into a good dancer by training under a digital dancing coach.
● Bedbug and Termite Detection: My Pest Control company will field test a Walabot under a variety of conditions to develop proper techniques and efficacy for…