Many times I wondered how businessmen ensure that their machines run properly all the time day and night. In today’s competitive business environment, a single error in machines can hamper the industrial output of a facility to much high level. Therefore, it is important that one should use proper monitoring techniques to make their machines running all the time. One such technique that holds much significance is vibration monitoring. Let’s discuss this monitoring technique in detail.
Vibration monitoring is generally a way of monitoring the condition of a rotating machine such as a HVAC unit. This technique has been used since 1970s and is considered as the most recognized technique all over the world. This is considered as the most versatile technology used for ascertaining the health condition of a rotating machine. This technique is primarily used to find out the common issues with machines such as misalignment, bearing wear, resonances and broken or loose parts which can be of vital importance to the health of a specific machine.
The primary objective behind the use of this technique is to figure out various problems that can lead to serious concerns to final output if not handled properly. This is why vibration monitoring is very straight forward and is at the forefront of condition monitoring technologies.
There are several advantages of vibration monitoring technique including:
- It ensures effective and non-disruptive workflow to production and has the enough potential to save thousands of pounds in secondary damage.
- It easily detects lubrication and bearing problems early so that engineers can fix it within the stipulated time period.
- It categorizes looseness and misalignment/coupling problems before damage occurs and can improve industrial productivity.
- It can also be used to extend overhaul intervals where vibration levels are low and steady.
- Accurate/reliable enough to diagnose problems on all HVAC, Refrigeration and UPS assets
Looking at the big…