When it comes to buying a house, you have a lot of options. Manufactured housing offers a unique style of homes that offer a range of attractive benefits to homebuyers. Not surprisingly, the number of people buying manufactured housing has been increasing significantly over the past couple of decades, because people are starting to realize all of the benefits these homes have to offer.
Here are the top 5 reasons you should consider buying a manufactured home.
1. Affordability-Homebuyers are always looking to get the best bang for their buck. With manufactured homes, there really is no better value on the market. You can get a lot of house for your money when you buy manufactured housing. It’s incredibly affordable, with some studies showing that the average selling price of a manufactured home is about 25% of the cost of a site-built home. Furthermore, manufactured housing costs up to 35% less per square foot to build than site-built homes.
2. Fast construction-Did you know that a brand new manufactured home can be built in about one-third of the time that it takes to construct a site-built home? It’s true. Factories are able to build these homes very efficiently, and by the time the house arrives to your property, it is typically about 90% finished. This lets you move into your home much quicker when you buy a brand new manufactured home.
3. Excellent customization options-Manufactured homes can be built with all the amenities you desire. The options are limitless. Want a walk-in closet? You can have one built in your manufactured home. Want a kitchen fully equipped with the latest Energy Star appliances and the finest fixtures? That can be included in the floor plan. Don’t let the low price tag of manufactured homes fool you. These houses can be customized to meet your exact needs.
4. Environmentally friendly-Manufactured homes are typically praised for the green benefits they offer. The modular construction process is very environmentally friendly; few materials are wasted and whatever leftover pieces there are usually get recycled. Simply put, manufactured homes are able to do more with less material. Furthermore, a lot of manufactured homes are designed to save energy, use less water, and give off lower carbon emissions.
5. Safety and quality-Just because manufactured homes are more affordable and take less time to build doesn’t mean that they are any less safe or reliable than typical site-built homes. All structures are carefully examined…