The 2017 WOS Report provides compelling evidence supporting the important role that EAPs play in improving the productivity and healthy functioning of employees in the workplace.
Bloomington, IL (PRWEB)
September 19, 2017
Chestnut Global Partners (CGP) and the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA) today announce the publication of the 2017 Workplace Outcome Suite (WOS) Report analyzing the outcomes of 16,792 completed EAP employee cases. Over 30 EAPs shared outcomes data using the WOS, which evaluated five core outcomes: absenteeism, presenteeism, work engagement, workplace distress, and life satisfaction. The study showed statistically significant changes in the expected directions, indicting greatest improvement and largest effects in work presenteeism and life satisfaction after use of EAP counseling.
The WOS is a free, validated, short, precise, and easy-to-administer survey that collects EAP specific workplace outcome data both before and after EAP services (the after measure is taken about 90 days after an EAP intake). The 2017 study, coordinated by CGP in association with the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA) and about 30 EAPA members, compared improvement after counseling for different workplace outcomes and life satisfaction in over 16,000 EAP cases worldwide. This report focused on the five single items that comprise the super short version known as the WOS-5:
- Absenteeism (looks at the number of hours absent due to a personal problem taking the employee away from work).
- Presenteeism (measures decreases in productivity even though the employee is not absent per se but not working at his or her optimum due to unresolved personal problems).
- Workplace Distress (examines the degree of anxiety or stress at work).
- Work Engagement (refers to the extent to which the employee is invested in or passionate about his or her job).
- Life Satisfaction (addresses one’s general sense of well-being).
According to the study, presenteeism improved by 26% and life satisfaction by 22% after EAP counseling – the two outcomes that showed the greatest statistical improvement. Improved presenteeism (better focus while at work) can produce cost savings through productivity…