Terry Crews files lawsuit against agent he alleges sexually harassed him

Actor Terry Crews filed a lawsuit Monday against the talent agent Adam Venit, who he says allegedly groped him last year at a party, and Venit’s employer William Morris Endeavor, alleging assault, sexual battery, emotional distress and negligence, among other claims.

According to the document, which has been obtained by ABC News, at the time of the incident, Crews was represented by WME. After he informed his agent about what he says happened, “WME took no action at that time against Venit … likely because Venit is a significant moneymaker for WME.”

Crews has since fired his WME agent.

“It is now time to hold Venit accountable for his sexual predatory behavior and to hold WME accountable for its conduct in condoning, ratifying, and encouraging Venit’s sexual predatory behavior,” the lawsuit reads. “Indeed, a message needs to be sent to those in power who abuse those over whom they exert influence and control that abusive and sexual predatory behavior will not be tolerated.”

A request for comment from Venit or WME was not immediately returned to ABC News.

This lawsuit, which demands a jury trial and seeks unspecified damages, comes less than a month after Crews filed a police report on Nov. 8, a source inside the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to ABC News at the time.

A week later, Crews, 49, appeared on “Good Morning America” to name the agent he says harassed him at an industry event in West Hollywood, California. Crews said that he’d never met Venit, but even so, the agent stuck his tongue out at him and then squeezed the actor’s genitals.

“I have never felt more emasculated, more objectified. I was horrified,” Crews said. “It’s so bizarre. I wake up every morning wondering, ‘Did this really happen?'”

“People need to be held accountable,” he added. “This is the deal about Hollywood. It is an abuse of power. This guy, again, he’s one of the most powerful man in Hollywood, and he looked at me at the end as if, ‘Who is going to believe you?'”

Amanda Edwards/Getty Images FILE
Adam Venit arrives for an event on Nov. 6, 2011, in Los Angeles.

While Venit did not respond to ABC News requests for comment at the time of the interview, William Morris Endeavor stated, “Adam Venit was suspended following the internal investigation into the matter.”

Crews originally spoke out via social media in October about the alleged incident, writing, “This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why? Because this kind of thing…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *