The major question that marketers often tend to ask “Is social media meant for B2B purposes”. Considering that most updates across Facebook, Twitter and many major networking sites is used for sharing personal updates, photos, and content that brands sell themselves short when considering social media platforms for B2B business development. In addition, goals for B2B social media campaigns can include attracting top talent, finding investors or receiving press and media coverage.
Social Media Framework in B2B Space
In order to use all social media channels effectively it is important to craft a comprehensive social media strategy from the beginning that answers most questions like:
1. How can we use web analytics to track our results?
2. Who is our target audience and where are they on social networks?
3. How should we optimize our social profiles?
4. How should we interact on those networks – and with what content?
5. What creative campaigns can we create?
6. How will we measure results and adjust accordingly?
A Strategist Perspective on Social Media Plan of Action
1. Website Analytics
Most inbound marketing would prove fruitless without good data analysis, therefore the first thing to do here is to set up a tracking mechanism on your website that utilizes a platform such as Google Analytics and to facilitate the same we can use a contact-form submission to sales via company’s website.
2. Audience & Influencer Research
Try to find out where the relevant individuals are active on social media, so if your business sells ERP software to manufacturing companies then look for populated LinkedIn groups that focus on that sector. Maybe people discuss the same in Google+ community or ask about it in Twitter, in short narrow down your focus so that your efforts effectively reach your audience.
3. Channel Optimization
Once you decide the social media networks that should be your target create and optimize company profiles on the same outlets:
· Facebook – Create an attractive Timeline header image and include a page tab that, when clicked, takes the user to the form-submission page on the website.
· Twitter – Post a background image that highlights your branding and use profile text that entices people to follow you.
· LinkedIn – Create a fully fleshed out company page that pitches your product or service and includes links to the places where people can submit the form.
4. Content creation and Engagement
Quality, original content is the…