Here’s a full list of Pacific Northwest ski areas open for December’s first weekend.
Winter must really be arriving: Seattle’s “hometown” ski area, The Summit at Snoqualmie, 52 miles east of downtown, opens its first slopes for skiing on Saturday, Dec. 2, a bit earlier than usual for Washington’s lower-elevation ski area, at just over 3,000 feet.
With about a foot of fresh snow that fell Tuesday into Wednesday morning — even more mid-mountain — the resort’s Summit West hill got sufficient coverage to open with limited operations 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with five lifts running and adult all-day lift tickets discounted to $50.
“We’re stoked to open a bit earlier than normal this year and happy to see the weekend forecast looks snowy with a possible refresh each day!” Summit at Snoqualmie operators announced on the resort’s website. They added the caution that snow depth is low and skiers and riders should watch for both marked and unmarked hazards.
Last year, the ski area opened Dec. 6. In the low-snow winter of 2014-15, the ski area didn’t open until almost the end of December.
Here’s the Pacific Northwest Ski Areas Association’s latest update on what Northwest ski areas are open this weekend:
- Crystal Mountain is operating daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with limited operations. For the current operations and conditions go to: https://crystalmountainresort.com/the-mountain/current-conditions/.
- Stevens Pass Mountain Resort is open for daily operations 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more operations and conditions information go to https://www.stevenspass.com/site.
- Mission Ridge reopens Saturday, December 2, and Sunday, December 3, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. For up-to-date conditions and operations go to https://www.missionridge.com/snow-report.
- Mount Baker is operating on a normal daily schedule 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For more information go to https://www.mtbaker.us/snow-report.
- Mount Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park reopens Saturday, December 2, with three chairs operating, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more details about operations and conditions go to http://www.mtspokane.com/snowreport.
- 49 Degrees North will reopen on Friday, December 1, through Sunday, December 3, for operations 9 a.m.-3:20 p.m. For the current operations and conditions go to: http://www.ski49n.com/snow_report.php.
- Lookout Pass reopens on Friday, December 1….