Search for Mexico survivors continues as story of missing girl proves false

Desperate relatives were given hope Friday as tireless rescuers digging through the wreckage of Mexico’s deadly earthquake continued to pull survivors from the rubble, raising the number to at least 60 people who’ve been saved since the quake hit midday Tuesday.

Federal police said several people were lifted out of two buildings that collapsed after the magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck. Rescuers removed or broke through slabs until the cracks allowed workers to wiggle in to reach the victims and lift them to safety.

However, as the hours pass, fewer of the living were being found. The official death toll rose to 273.

ANIMALS RESCUED FROM COLLAPSED MEDICAL LAB AFTER MEXICO EARTHQUAKE

Luis Felipe Puente, the federal civil defense director, told reporters that backhoes and bulldozers were starting to clear away from of the wrecked buildings where no one had been detected or where teetering piles of rubble threatened to collapse on neighboring structures.

“It is false that we are demolishing structures where there could be survivors,” Puente said. “The rescue operations will continue, and they won’t stop.”

Those who witnessed the buildings…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *