Pregnant teacher who went missing found dead, boyfriend arrested

A Maryland teacher missing for more than a week has been found dead and her boyfriend has been charged with murder, Montgomery County police announced Wednesday evening.

Laura Wallen, 31, was a history teacher at Wilde Lake High School in Columbia, who disappeared days before the first day of classes. She was four months pregnant.

Montgomery County Police Chief Tom Manger said Wallen’s body was found around noon Wednesday in a shallow grave in a wooded area of Damascus, and police arrested her boyfriend, Tyler Tessier.

Investigators said Tessier had made several trips to the area over the past week and that he was the last person seen with Wallen.

“Since Ms. Wallen was reported missing by her family nine days ago, we’ve determined that Mr. Tessier was the last person known to have been with the victim. They were seen together on surveillance camera video on Saturday, Sept. 2, at a grocery store near the victim’s home,” Manger said. “It is suspected by investigators that she was killed the next day.”

Text messages sent to Wallen’s sister from Wallen’s phone on Monday were determined to have been sent by Tessier, Manger said.

“Tessier provided information to detectives that led them to suspect his involvement in this case,” Manger said.

The police chief said Tessier admitted to driving Wallen’s car to the Columbia area and removing the front license plate and disposing of it. Manger said Tessier texted an acquaintance to ask for a ride to Baltimore late Sunday night.

“He said that he needed help to ‘clean up a mess,'” Manger said.

The police chief said the acquaintance did not help Tessier. He said Tessier also admitted to disposing of Wallen’s driver’s license and her iPhone.

“We were very saddened. We had a real sense of dread that this the way it would end up,” Manger said. “These cases are just senseless violence.”

Manger said Tessier’s participation in a police press conference on Monday was a calculated decision that detectives made after having spoken with Wallen’s family.

“The decision to allow him to participate in news conference was a calculated decision made by detectives to hear what he had to say,” Manger said.

At the time, Tessier had given inconsistent information to detectives, Manger said.

“There are so many people, so many people that miss you,” Tessier said during the press conference Monday.

Police confirmed that Tessier had been living with another woman and Wallen was aware of that…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *