Sales professionals want better content and improved executive-level selling skills to sell higher and wider in key accounts.
Charlotte, NC (PRWEB)
September 14, 2017
A new study by Sales Performance International (SPI, http://www.spisales.com), a leading sales training and performance improvement company, revealed improved cross-selling and upselling as the top new investment requested by sales managers and reps to win more deals in 2018.
SPI conducts its annual “Voice of the Sales Force” Survey to identify and prioritize the top sales performance improvement initiatives from the perspective of sales managers and reps. This year’s survey included nearly 800 participants who select initiatives they believe would have the greatest impact on their success in 2018. The top initiatives uncovered in the report, which was released today, are those that received the most votes in the survey.
Summary of the Top 3 Performance Improvement Initiatives by Category:
1. Begin account-focused marketing directed at specific high potential target prospects
2. Increase general awareness of our brand in the market
3. Provide better qualified marketing-generated opportunities
1. Help me more effectively justify our solutions’ value to buyers
2. Help me more effectively differentiate from our competition
3. Provide more support for accessing executive-level decision makers
1. Provide better content to stimulate cross-selling and upselling
2. Help me improve my executive-level selling skills
3. Provide a better account planning methodology
1. Reduce the amount of time I spend on non-selling activities
2. Regularly share success stories and “tribal knowledge”
3. Help me to better understand our buyers
“The survey results and comments strongly suggest that sales managers and reps want a more help cross-selling and upselling, especially when executive-level buyers are involved.” said Dario Priolo, SPI’s Chief Marketing Officer and Demand Creation Practice Leader. “They are not satisfied being told to just make it happen without being given resources and skills to succeed.”
To download the full report, please…