Did you know
– average email marketing campaign gets 20% more open rate than direct mails
– businesses are increasing their marketing budget on emails more than anything else?
– the number of email accounts are expected to increase to up to 3.6 billion in 2013
– businesses still rely more on repeat customers and being in touch with customers via email newsletter is the cheapest option
These were just some of the facts about email marketing in general. I am not writing this blog to convince you to start running email campaigns. I am sure everyone agrees that email marketing still works today and is the best way to improve conversions. What I wanted to share is my disappointment with the business owners who do not optimize their newsletters for “mobile phones” & “tablets”. Here are some real facts that I want all email marketers to read twice –
– More than 50% of people read their emails on phones or tablets on the go
– Buying on mobile is expected to increase by 150% in the year 2013
– Over 40% of cell phone users have “smart phones” on which they read emails
And greatest horror fact – “only 10% of the emails are mobile friendly, also knows as responsive“. It is just so hard to believe that email marketers still care so less about optimizing their newsletters that look good on mobile phones where most of their readers are. They are spending money in sending out emails but seem less interested in spending little extra to help their readers take any further action on it.
Here are some real complaints from the consumers
– Too much scroll across the page to read the information (because newsletter width doesn’t adjust itself according to width of the screen)
– Images do not render properly and text position is all messed up
This annoys readers and force them to unsubscribe from the mailing list and decrease in conversion rate.
It ironical that every email delivery service provider (ConstantContact, MailChimp etc) is spending $$$ in creating nice…