Some things to know for July 4 at the pier
San Clemente is expecting throngs to view the city’s 9 p.m. July 4 fireworks show show from the pier. Here are some handy tips, courtesy of the city:
- Arrive early, as beach real estate will be harder to come by later in the day.
- Beware, when you pick your spot, that an extreme high tide of 5.36 feet is due at 7 p.m.
- Keep your eyes out for a 6:25 p.m. flyover by the Condor Squadron’s four AT-6 World War II trainer planes. They’re planning an aerial 360.
- Consider parking away from the beach area and taking the San Clemente Trolley. Beware that street closures near the pier may mean you have to get on and off the trolley at the Community Center and walk.
- The outer end of the pier will close at noon Monday, July 3 to prepare for fireworks. The entire pier, except the Fisherman’s Restaurant, will close at 8 a.m. July 4.
- The July 4 trolley will operate until 11 p.m.The beach and pier will be closed all night after the fireworks.
- From 8 to 10 p.m., July 4, for safety, the ocean will be closed to bathing and surfing 1,000 feet on each side of the pier.
- No drones…