Including Supernatural star’s upcoming brewery
Hurricane Harvey hit Texas over the weekend and with it came damaging winds and flooding throughout Southeast Texas, including Rockport, Port Aransas, and Houston.
To help with the recovery efforts, Austin-area restaurants and breweries are pitching in by raising money to aid those affected by the storms. Texas Monthly put together a local guide of other ways to donate as well.
Know of other Austin restaurants, bars, or food trucks helping as well? Let Eater know through the tipline or in the comments below.
- Supernatural star Jensen Ackles and his family’s upcoming Dripping Springs brewery Family Business Beer Co. is raising money for families affected by Hurricane Harvey through Crowdrise. It matched $50,000 raised yesterday as well.
- Vegan bakery Skull and Cakebones is accepting donations for Austin Pets Alive. It’s also donating one dollar from its specialty coffee sales to the Red Cross. (3911 East Highway 290, Dripping Springs)
- Jacoby Restaurant Group is donating $2 from every burger, Melvin Mule, picadillo taco, and Grizz Mizz sold from both Jacoby’s and Grizzelda’s to the Red Cross. (3235 East Cesar Chavez Street, Govalle; 105 Tillery Street, Govalle)
- The Hightower partnered with Antonelli’s Cheese Shop to donate 30 percent of the restaurant’s queso fundido sales to the Austin Disaster Relief fund through the end of September. (1209 East 7th Street, East Side)
- GoodPop will use $1 from every freezer pop case sold through the end of September towards buying food and supplies for Houston.
- Iron Works BBQ is offering ten percent discounts to Red Cross volunteers and staffers. (100 Red River Street, Downtown)
- All locations of Caffe Medici are collecting diapers for Austin Diaper Bank. (200 Congress Avenue, Downtown; 2222 Guadalupe Street, West Campus; 1101 West Lynn Street, Clarksville; 1100 South Lamar Boulevard; South Austin; 8th Street and Congress Avenue, Downtown)
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar will donate all sales from the Goodnight Burger, and Tito’s Vodka will donate $1 for all drinks made with the company’s liquor (up to $10,000 for the latter) from Monday, September 4 through Tuesday, September 5 to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. And then, for the month of September, it will donate $1 from every Goodnight burger as well. (1400 South Congress Avenue, South Austin; 2438A West Anderson Lane, North Shoal Creek; 4615 North Lamar Boulevard, Triangle; 2800 North I-35, Round Rock)
- Lick Honest Ice Creams is…