Thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes Tuesday and Wednesday as two large fires — Thomas Fire in Ventura and Creek Fire in Sylmar — continue to burn through thousands of acres of brush and destroying more than 150 structures.
Mandatory evacuations orders for Ventura neighborhoods affected by the Thomas Fire include:
• West of Dickenson Road to Atmore Road, north of Foothill Road and west to Wheeler Canyon Road
North of Highway 150 from Koenigstein Road west to the Dennison Grade, north to Reeves Road, east to McAndrew Road and north to Grand Avenue.
• North of Foothill Road west to Wheeler Canyon Road, north to Canada Larga Road and east to Barlow Canyon Road
In Ventura south of Highway 33, east of Main St, north of Foothill Road and Hall Canyon Road and west of Canada Larga Road
• East of Dickenson Road, north of Monte Vista Drive along Highway 150 and south of Thomas Aquinas College to the area of Bridge Road.
Evacuation shelters for those affected by the Thomas Fire include:
• Ventura County Fairgrounds at Miners Building, 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, 93001; This facility will also take in animals
• Nordhoff High School, 1401 Maricopa Hwy, Ojai, 93023
Los Angeles Fire Department authorities battling the Creek Fire in Sylmar have issued mandatory evacuation orders for portions of the Kagel Canyon area.
Mandatory evacuations for: 1.Area of Sayre St. to Little Tujunga and the 118 N Fwy. 2.**NEW**Area between Sayre St, Telfair Ave. and 210 Fwy in addition to the previously notified areas.3.Little Tujunga Canyon to Wentworth St, North of 210 Fwy.and the Riverwood
— LAPD Foothill (@LAPDFoothill) December 5, 2017
According to the LAFD, mandatory evacuations were ordered in the following Creek fire areas:
• Kagel Canyon
• Arroyo Street north of the 210 Freeway
• Trailer park in Lopez Canyon
• Mobile home park at top of Maclay Street
• Pacoima Wash west of Sayre Street
• Eldridge and Hubbard streets
Voluntary evacuations were in place for areas east of Veterans Park to Pacoima Canyon, between Sayre and Polk streets, officials said. Other areas include:
• North of the 210 Freeway, between Polk and Bledsoe streets
• Between Bledsoe and Roxford streets
• Between Glenoaks and Filbert street
• Between Roxford Street and Glenoaks Boulevard
• Filbert to the interchange of the 5 and 14 freeways
As of 10:45 a.m., two evacuation centers have been set up for Sylar-area residents including at the…