While some of us may be scratching our heads and wondering why the “Sharknado” movies are still a thing, others are eagerly awaiting the newest installment, “Sharknado 5: Global Swarming.” For those who are looking forward to the movie, and those who are going to feel forced to watch, there’s good news—everyone can get drunk while doing so.
In the latest installment of the series, Fin (Ian Ziering) and his wife, April (Tara Reid), travel around the world to try and save their young son, who is trapped in a Sharknado. The cast and celebrity cameos include Bret Michaels, Charo, Olivia Newton-John, Tony Hawk, Fabio, Cassie Scerbo, Clay Aiken, Kathie Lee Gifford, Al Roker and Gilbert Gottfried.
For those needing a refresher on what has happened so far in the franchise, the first film first introduced the horror of a Sharknado in Los Angeles, after a freak cyclone brought man-eating sharks out of the oceans and into the streets of the city. The second movie saw the freak storms then head to New York, while the third movie takes the action to Washington D.C. and Orlando, Florida. The fourth film, which is set five years after the third movie, revisits Sharknados after the first one in half a decade is formed in Las Vegas, and manages to cause havoc and destruction at the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, and Niagara Falls back on the east coast. The film ended with the reveal that the Sharknado epidemic had since gone worldwide.
So how can this movie, with its bizarre premise, provide enough entertainment through a drinking game? As it turns out, very easily.
Check out our drinking game below:
Take A Shot When:
- Tara Reid survives after a shark falls on her
- Tara Reid dies from a shark falling on her
- Any of the main characters dies
- When someone literally says “Sharknado”
- If someone says “Oh Hell No,” or something like that
- If/when Fin and April share a kiss
Finish Your Drink When:
- Ian Ziering takes his shirt off
- An animal that isn’t a shark is caught in the tornado
- A scene opens with a shot of a woman’s backside
Take One Sip/Drink When:
- A new location is introduced
- If a human (not a main character or celebrity cameo) dies or is killed
- If a shark dies or is killed
- For every reference to the tornado or “Storm”
- For every shark-related pun
- For every cameo appearance
- Every time a celebrity making a cameo appearance dies
- There’s a blatant product…