We’re thrilled to demo the aircraft and answer questions about our game-changing UAS, as well as to invite potential partners and customers to participate in our open-source Payload Partner Program.
Santa Monica, California (PRWEB)
August 30, 2017
FlightWave Aerospace Systems, Inc. unveils the new FlightWave Edge™ UAS in booth #514 during the 2017 International Drone Conference & Exposition (InterDrone), beginning September 6 at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The California-based startup brings new capabilities to customers who need a sustained aerial presence in high-wind maritime or dry-land missions. FlightWave’s premier product, the Edge™, is a long-range, high-endurance hybrid VTOL aircraft, designed and manufactured in the U.S. It’s distinguishing features include:
- Easy to Use: No nets, no catapults, and no cumbersome ground equipment. The Edge’s quick, tool-free assembly, payload swapping, and click-to-fly touchscreen tablet controller mean users are flying, vertically or horizontally, in a few minutes.
- Autonomy: Easy to use automated flight planning with the touchscreen controller for most missions, with manual piloting available for pros who want it.
- Great Endurance: Enjoy two+ hours continuous fight time in cruise and up to 100 km round-trip range per charge.
- All-weather: Weather resistant and wind rejection up to 35 knots means very few days on the ground.
- Versatile: Transform from tri-copter to forward flight automatically in seconds.
- Swappable Payloads: Easily integrate included or custom payloads, thanks to the swappable twist-lock payload bay.
- Portability: The Edge quickly breaks down for stowing and transporting in its case to go anywhere.
- Sustainable: The Edge is all-electric, highly efficient, and optionally leverages solar power for increased range and endurance.
FlightWave — an InterDrone Silver Sponsor — will demo the Edge™ in the Yes-Fly Zone on Thursday, September 7, at 2:20 p.m. (local time). Co-founder and CTO Trent Lukaczyk will also speak during the Future of Drone Sense and Avoid Technology panel on Wednesday, September 6, at 4:15 p.m.
“We’re very excited to be at InterDrone and to unveil the Edge™ for the world to see,” said FlightWave CMO Edmund Cronin. “The Edge is a serious…