Conservative student transfers out of BU because of death threats

Nicholas Fuentes, an 18-year-old student who attended the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Va., this past weekend, said that he’s received death threats for months over his conservative viewpoints — enough for him to decide it’s time to leave Boston University.

Fuentes said he made the decision to abandon his Political Science degree a month ago after being constantly threatened over his conservative views. He said no longer felt safe on campus, and will not return for the fall semester.

Still, despite the intensity of the backlash he’s received, he has absolutely “no regrets” about taking part in the controversial white-nationalist movement.

“I went to represent this new strain of conservatives, of people in the right wing who are opposed to mass immigration and multiculturalism,” Fuentes told Fox News on Thursday. “For a long time, this existed on the fringes. I thought it was a political victory – we exposed the removal of Confederate statues, and this disenfranchised group of white males.”

A Boston University spokesman confirmed to Fox News that the student had indeed left the school earlier this week and that “the safety and security of our students is our highest priority.”

While the ideology of the movement, he contended, used to be associated only with older men in America “like Pat Buchanan and Samuel Francis,” he believes a significant wave in the younger generation have been captivated by the ideology.

“We have basically been told our whole lives that white people are racist and evil and should be erased,” Fuentes explained. “We have basically been told that it is a crime to be born a white male.”

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *