We are excited to introduce a variety of research articles and case studies, along with the possibility to obtain CE credit from the journal for the first time…Dr. Wade Pfau, Co-Editor.
September 21, 2017
Initiated in 2002, the Journal of Personal Finance has grown in scope, acceptance and recognition among practitioners and academicians. The Journal welcomes articles from practicing financial professionals and consultants about financial products and services, client relationships, retirement planning, long-term care, practice management, and firm operational efficiencies.
Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RFC® – Co-Editor is a Professor of Retirement Income in the new Ph.D. program for Financial and Retirement Planning at the American College in Bryn Mawr, PA.
Walt Woerheide, Ph.D., ChFC®, CFPTM, RFC® – Co-Editor has been at the American College for 14 years and served as VP of Academics and Dean for 12 of those years. He is a member of the Master Registered Financial Consultant (MRFC) Certification Board that oversees the Association’s path to third party accreditation through the NCCA.
Six articles are included in Volume 16, Issue 2:
- Do Self-Control Measures Affect Saving Behavior?
- What’s Your Risk Appetite? Helping Financial Advisors Better Serve Clients (by Quantifying Kehneman-Tversky’s Value Function)
- Life Quality and Health Costs in Late Retirement
- The Impact of Product Knowledge and Quality of Care on Long-Term Care Insurance Demand: Evidence from the HRS
- Why a QLAC in an IRA Is a Terrible Way to Defer the Required Minimum Distribution (RMS) Obligation
- Is Deferring Social Security the Lowest Cost Option for Adding Guaranteed Income?
For members of the IARFC, the Journal of Personal Finance is a benefit and a source of continuing education credits. Up to six credits of CE can be obtained by reading the entire edition. New starting this issue, is the ability to register to take the IARFC JPF Online CE quizzes and receive both the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 quizzes for $20. Two hours of IARFC CE will be awarded to anyone who achieves a score of 13 or higher per quiz. “We are really excited about the decision to begin adding a CE Quiz to the Journal,” related Dr….