USA TODAY’s Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
1. Murder Games by James Patterson and Howard Roughan (Little, Brown, fiction, on sale June 26)
What it’s about: Dr. Dylan Reinhart is an Ivy League professor and author specializing in criminal behavior who’s called on by the NYPD when his book is found at a murder scene.
The buzz: CBS has picked up a series based on the book, called Instinct and starring Alan Cumming.
2. Seven Stones to Stand or Fall by Diana Gabaldon (Delacorte, fiction, on sale June 27)
What it’s about: Seven works of short fiction from the romantic, time-traveling Outlander world featuring Jamie Fraser.
The buzz: Fans are already getting overheated as they await the third season of Outlander starring Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan on the Starz network.
3. The Duchess by Danielle Steel (Delacorte, fiction, on sale June 27)
What it’s about: In the 19th century, a high-born woman is forced to flee England for Paris, where she survives by opening a place of business for gentlemen called Le Boudoir.
The buzz: The prolific Steel has had 66 top 10 USA TODAY best sellers.
4. But Seriously by John McEnroe (Little, Brown, non-fiction, on sale June 27)
What it’s about: The former bad-boy of tennis picks up where he left off in this sequel to his best-selling 2002 memoir, You Cannot Be Serious.
The buzz: McEnroe, who has carved out an excellent broadcasting career as a tennis analyst, also still hits the court on the senior circuit.
5. The Child by Fiona Barton (Berkley, fiction, on sale June 27)
What it’s about: In London, construction workers discover the long-buried remains of a baby, which sparks a reporter to find out the who and the why.
Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2t5e1CT