For prospective college students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, or queer (LGBTQ), it’s crucial to find a college with a supportive learning environment where they can thrive.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB)
June 13, 2017
BestColleges.com, a leading provider of higher education information and resources, today announced its updated College Guide for LGBTQ students.
The expanded College Guide for LGBTQ students includes comprehensive information on several important topics including:
- Common difficulties faced by LGBTQ students
- How to find the right school for you
- Advice for applying to college
- What to expect living on campus
- How can friends and family support LGBTQ students
- The legal rights of LGBTQ students
“For prospective college students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, or queer (LGBTQ), it’s crucial to find a college with a supportive learning environment where they can thrive,” said Stephanie Snider, General Manager, BestColleges.com. “The expanded guide is intended to be an all-inclusive resource for perspective LGBTQ college students, providing information to help them make their important college choice and navigate the transition to college.”
To gain a more personal and informed perspective, BestColleges.com interviewed industry professionals who gave their unique insight on the challenges and questions LGBTQ students may face when attending college. These experts come from a variety of fields, including mental health counseling and LGBTQ advocacy.
- Dr. Darla Linville – Assistant Professor, Augusta University, College of Education
- Emma Naliboff Pettit – Program Director, Sustained Dialogue Campus Network
- Brittany Steffen – Marriage & Family Therapist