The advantages offered by a DSL internet connection are known by any individual who has switched from a dial-up modem to DSL broadband. There are some differences between these two connectivity solutions that are simply astounding. It has been seen that people refuse to use a dial-up connection after switching to a broadband DSL connection. After surfing the net on a DSL connection, they brand dial-up connections as unreliable.
Why does DSL broadband have a big edge over dial-up connections?
The speeds of broadband DSL connections usually vary. However, speeds range between 128 kbps (kilobits per second) and 1.54 megabits per second (mbps) on an average. Dial-up modems are nowhere in the picture when it comes to these speeds. They cannot even match typical speeds of broadband DSL connections.
Some advantages of DSL connections for users:
Users can expect numerous advantages from using DSL broadband connections. Some of these can be summed up in a nutshell:
- Internet surfing and usage has become more convenient on account of the high speeds of DSL broadband connections.
- Frequent and common online activities have seen improvement on DSL.
- These activities include online banking, gaming, video and audio downloads and even shopping.
- Users can now stay connected to the World Wide Web all throughout with DSL broadband. This is only on account of huge increases in speed of connections and navigation of websites.
- There are numerous online activities that can be accessed with only a few keystrokes.
- DSL also provides information that is both relevant and useful.
Additional benefits offered by DSL connections:
There are some additional benefits that users can also expect. These are:
- You can save both time and money with DSL connections. This proves to be valuable in the long run.
- You do not need any extra telephone lines with DSL broadband.
- You can easily make calls while surfing the internet simultaneously.
- Wireless routers can be used to facilitate multiple surfing activities in a household. All computers can browse quite independently as a result.
The security aspect
Security is a huge concern for all users of internet connections. DSL broadband customers can expect many security benefits as well. Only private telephone lines are used for contacting service providers. This is true for all subscribers and all DSL broadband packages. All lines and cables are never shared with other subscribers of DSL. Customer access is based on the principles of privacy and…