Denver, Colorado (PRWEB)
September 11, 2017
More than 100 science fiction/fantasy/horror authors, artists and other speakers will participate, and autograph books at the 49th annual MileHiCon science fiction/fantasy/ horror literary convention at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center October 27, 28 and 29, 2017. For SF/F and speculative fiction lovers, it’s a weekend not to be missed. The convention will feature authors, artists, speakers and programming on every aspect of the science fiction and fantasy genres, including:
- The largest SF/fantasy art show and auction in Colorado
- Round-the-clock gaming
- Vendors room full of science fiction, fantasy and horror-related items
- CosPlay (costume) contest
- Critter Crunch (robotic sumo wrestling)
- Mass author autograph session with over 60 authors participating (no extra fees)
- Literacy Auction with hundreds of donated items. All proceeds donated to a Denver based charity literacy program.
- During the weekend over 200 different programs will be offered on subjects ranging from Writing * Publishing * Artist demonstrations * Hands-on Workshops * Science presentations * Autograph sessions * Kids’ programming * Costuming * Gaming * and much more!
This year, MileHiCon’s guests of honor include authors Eric Flint and Jane Lindskold, and artist Carrie Ann Baade. Local author Jason Heller will preside as toastmaster. In addition to the guests of honor, appearances, presentations and performances will include more than 100 other SF, fantasy and horror authors, artists, speakers, and performers from across the nation. They will read from works in progress and discuss various aspects of writing, publishing, SF/F themes, and just plain fun subjects. There will be many opportunities to meet and get free autographs from authors and artists throughout the weekend. A list of participants (regularly updated) is available on the website: http://www.milehicon.org.
Eric Flint began his writing career with the science fiction novel Mother of Demons. With David Drake, he has collaborated on the six-volume Belisarius series, as well as a novel entitled The Tyrant. His alternate history novel 1632 was published in 2000, and has led to a long-running series with many novels and anthologies in print. He now has almost fifty novels in print as well as many pieces of short fiction and dozens…