Like music? Well, one of the best things about summer in Orange County is all the great concerts you can enjoy, without paying a dime. Bring your beach chair, picnic and blanket, and prepare to tap your feet, or whatever other part of your body starts to move.
Here are some of our favorites:
1. June 25: Laguna Niguel – (Also, July 9 and July 23.) Music by Mike Wilson and Michael Physick. Shows 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Free merchant samples and coupons while supplies last. Location: Laguna Niguel Promenade, 27891 La Paz Road.
2. June 25: Huntington Beach – The 75-piece Huntington Beach Concert Band performs “Patriotic Pastiche.” 5 p.m. in the amphitheater behind Huntington Beach Central Library. 7111 Talbert Ave. at Goldenwest Street. hbconcertband.org
3. June 28: Buena Park – Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars tribute). Boisseranc Park. 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. 7520 Dale St.
4. June 29: Fullerton – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Free parking. Craig Regional Park, 3300 State College Blvd. 714-973-3180.
5. June 29: La Habra – Suave (Latin, oldies) performs. 7 p.m. at El Centro-Lions Park, 320 E. Erna Ave. 562-383-4200.
6. July 1: Cypress – The Boys of Summer (Eagles tribute) play a Concert on the Green at Cypress Civic Center. 6 p.m. kids crafts 5:30 p.m. 5275 Orange Ave. Cypressrec.org
7. July 1: San Juan Capistrano – Guitarist Mike Chamberlin will sing the songs of World War II, including romantic love songs, at the San Juan Capistrano Historical Society. Two songs, at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. 31831 Los Rios Street, San Juan Capistrano.
8. July 2: Huntington Beach – Night Blooming Jazzmen. 5 p.m. in the amphitheater behind Huntington Beach Central Library. Free dance lessons start at 4:15. . 7111 Talbert Ave. at Goldenwest Street. hbconcertband.org
9. July 6: Irvine –…