If you have a small or medium sized business in New York then you need to have a proper marketing plan that promotes your business to local customers because it is these people who can keep your business going. Since internet marketing is a very efficient and effective way of getting customers then you need to put a lot of effort into local online marketing.
You need to start by getting a website in order to promote your business. However, you need to ensure that your company features very high on search engine results pages. If it does not feature on the first page (or even the second page) at the very maximum then it is unlikely that anyone will see it. You’ll need to hire a New York or New Jersey search engine marketing company to help you because this company will know about local requirements. The following tips will also help you:
- Use local keywords in your websites and blogs because your customers are going to be using them as well. Use a variety of keywords that include the different ways in which your city is mentioned. For instance, if your business is in New York then you should use NY and NYC as well in your keywords.
- Analyze your competitors’ websites in order to find out what they are doing. Searching for keywords and key phrases connected with your business will help you understand which website is the most successful.
- Get free local online business directories to list your business. It’s best to stay with free directories because they are very effective.
- Include a map on your website along with directions to get to your business. On a related note, give contact details on your site so that you are accessible to customers. Maps and contact details are very important because customers might be searching for your business using their smart phones while they are on the move.
- Use social media to interact with your customers easily. This will also give you very high visibility locally. Just make sure that your social media pages are connected…