A family dispute in Anaheim on Tuesday, July 4 ended with a 20-year-old man stabbing four relatives, authorities said.
Anaheim police responded shortly after 11 a.m. to the 100 block of West Bluebell Avenue where four people — two men and two women — had been stabbed by a man, according to the Anaheim Police Department. Gino Fuentes has been arrested by Anaheim police in connection with the stabbings.
Fuentes reportedly stabbed all four victims inside the home, according to police. The victims tried to escape to the front yard, but police say Fuentes followed them and continued the attack.
A neighbor ran over and hit Fuentes — who was still armed with knives — multiple times with a baseball bat. Fuentes then fled on foot. Police found him a mile away from the home and arrested him without incident.
After the attack ended, drops of blood and a bloody water bottle could be seen on a driveway and sidewalk. The bloodied bat remained on the front lawn.
It wasn’t immediately clear what had sparked the dispute, though it appears Fuentes has a history of violence.
Fuentes was on probation after he pleaded guilty in 2016 to charges of battery and assault with a deadly weapon, according to Orange County Superior Court records. He was also arrested in 2015 for giving officers a false name and resisting arrest.
The two female victims from Tuesday’s incident are ages 66 and 48 and the men are 55 and 24, police said. They were all listed in critical condition at local hospitals.
Neighbors told investigators that Fuentes might be the nephew of some of the victims, though Sgt. Daron Wyatt with the Anaheim Police Department said that wasn’t confirmed.
Police weren’t releasing any information about the weapons Fuentes had used.
The 20-year-old was booked on four counts of attempted murder and one count of elder abuse. He’s being held in lieu of $500,000 bail.
While authorities don’t recommend anyone getting involved when violent encounters are taking place, Wyatt said there’s no…